Last week, Manna Tree attended Expo East 2022 in Philadelphia. Our team put together a list of trends we saw at the expo. Here are a few key takeaways:
- PLANT BASED MESSAGING- Plant-based is still kicking. They’re focusing on producing high-quality, nutritional forward food. We took notice of brands positioning their messaging as great food made from plants vs. plant based foods that (hopefully) taste great.
- WATER- The rise of h2o continues with regular, infused, sparkling, coconut and different add-ins focused on wellness.
- NA LIFESTYLE- NA is here to stay. Non-alcoholic alternatives for beer, wine, aperitifs and more were sited at Expo.
- NATURAL SUGAR ALTERNATIVES – Staying sweet without the negative effects of sugar. We say substitutes like monk fruit, date sugar and coconut sugar.
- BETTER FOR YOU INDULGENCE- gummy bears, chocolate, nut butters, cookies, etc..
- TEA TIME- Many ready to drink tea brands in glass and tetra packs.
- ORIGIN STORIES Brands are focusing on provenance of their ingredients. Many brands including QR codes so customers can get to know the farmers and story behind the food.
- AUTHENTIC ANIMAL PRODUCTS – A good theme for beef and dairy farmers and investors. We observed an influx of grass-fed options and new-to-us several egg companies.
- MISSION DRIVEN – A focus on organic and other sustainable practices with an emphasis on transparency to the end consumer. Several brands include certifications about diversity, using less energy, etc.
- HEALTHY SNACKING – The rise of low carb/low sugar options for on-the-go.
We’ll see you at Expo West in March 2023!